PLEASE NOTE: WE'RE LAUNCHING A NEW VERSION OF OUR SITE THIS EVENING. YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ORDER WHILE THIS HAPPENS- SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
Fairygoodies is a trading name of Fairyglass. We're a small glass studio manufacturing unique glass jewellery in Wiltshire,UK. If you're interested in our jewellery, please visit our other site, www.fairyglass.co.uk.
On this site you'll find magical and sparkly fun products that are unusual, difficult to find and perfect as presents for those who are hard to buy for. Every item is intended to bring a smile to a face, and light to a home.
We're a small business, and we value each order. We aim to offer friendly, quick service, and a product range that is eclectic and slightly surprising. We'd love to hear your comments, good or bad- we want to improve.
Thanks for taking the time to look around, and we hope you've enjoyed what you see.
|Postage Charges & Delivery Times|
UK Postage Charges.
We try to keep postage to a minimum, but the costs we charge include the cost of padded envelopes and other packing materials as well as the printing of the paperwork and the actual cost of posting. Our usual charges are as follows:
Order Value up to £30 - postage £2.95
All orders with a value of over £30 are delivered post free (1st class post)
You also have the option for Recorded Delivery, where a signature is required but there is no guarantee of a timed delivery, and Guaranteed Next Working Day Delivery, where goods are guaranteed to arrive before noon the next working day after despatch. There are extra costs for both these services which will be shown to you during checkout. Please note that Next Working Day Delivery is guaranteed to arrive the next day from the day of despatch, which may not be the day the order is placed. To check the day of delivery, please call us on 01225 436208.
Please note- the services and costs outlined above are for UK deliveries. Orders placed for delivery overseas will be charged differently and the costs will be shown during the checkout process.
Orders placed before 3pm Monday to Friday will usually be shipped that day. Orders placed over the weekend will be shipped on Monday. We also ship on Saturday mornings. Please note however that very occasionally circumstances mean that we may not ship this quickly. If there is likely to be any significant delay with shipping your order we will contact you.
As a rough guide, you should expect to receive your order as follows:
1st Class Post: Royal Mail state 1 to 3 working days- however this is NOT a guaranteed timescale and we do regularly see delays;
1st Class Recorded Delivery: 1 to 3 working days, and signed for but still NOT time guaranteed;
Next Working Day delivery: Guaranteed next working day from day of despatch.
If you are unsure which service to choose, or if your order is urgent, please contact us on 01225 436208 and we will ensure speedy despatch and the correct service for your requirements!
International Delivery Times: Delivery times to international destinations vary depending on the service used and the location we post to. For Airmail and International Signed For delivery methods, please allow a minimum of 10 working days to European destinations, and 15 working days to other destinations. If you require an urgent or quicker delivery method please contact us with your potential order and location and we can quote for time guaranteed services.
We trade at a number of events over the year, which means we will be away at these times. We will put a note on the homepage when we are away. While away, we generally have access to e-mail so we will still try to deal with queries where possible. We still ship orders while we're away but they may take longer to process and leave us.
We're a small, family run business and like you we take our card security very seriously. We've taken steps to ensure that your information is as secure as we'd like ours to be. The checkout process on this site takes you to a secure server for the section where you enter your card details. These are securely encrypted using the industry standard 128 bit encryption so that it is not possible for anyone to see them, us included. You can check this by looking for the golden padlock symbol when you reach the page where your card details are requested.
If you are unhappy about entering your card details over the internet, you are welcome to call us and we will take your order in person and process your payment manually. If you choose this option we will not retain your card information and all records are destroyed securely immediately after the payment is processed.
We are happy also to accept payment by Paypal's secure systems or by cheque. Please make cheques payable to Fairyglass Ltd (our business name) and send to the address on the top of your receipt. We will allow 7 days for cheques to clear before shipping goods.
Long before being green became fashionable, we'd felt the need to put together a sustainability policy for the business. As our business has grown, we've had to rethink it, to accommodate the new issues we faced with warehousing, staff, and suppliers around the world. Here's a quick summary of our policies:
1. We have an active part in the supply of products we purchase. For our own brands, we purchase locally where possible, and where it's not possible we ensure we know the supply chain, and we're happy that it's run in a properly managed way. Our China suppliers are known to us- we've met, and understand each other's businesses. We are happy that wages, working conditions and labour suitability (e.g age) are above average. Where we purchase from distributors, where possible we will use small family businesses like our own, and we commit to timely payments of supplier invoices.
2. We treat all customers and suppliers equally regardless of size or perceived importance to our business. Everyone deserves the same respect.
3. We only sell products we're happy with and that we'd be comfortable purchasing ourselves.
4. We use recycled packing materials where possible. We obtain once used packaging from a number of sources, including Freecycle (www.freecycle.org). over 98% of our packaging can be recycled easily. We recycle all waste cardboard either as packaging or via an authorised recycling company.
5. At festivals we are usually solar powered, using a series of panels, batteries and LED lighting. We can't currently purchase renewable energy for our warehouse as it's done by our landord, but it's something we plan to implement if and when we move.
6. In Spring 2013 we will begin a social investment scheme where we will invest small amounts in schemes designed to benefit local communities. We will aim to appoint one scheme a month.
7. We have appointed Starlight (www.starlight.org.uk) as our nominated charity and any/all findraising and donations we make as a business are directed to them. Starlight is a charity which aims to give respite to seriously ill children by granting them a wish.